(SERVICE / INSTALLATION / CALIBRATION/ ROUTINE MAINTENANCE)
This is an incredible opportunity for you to join the UK’s market leader for the supply, delivery, installation, calibration, and maintenance of garage equipment. You’ll be joining our nationwide team of engineers, with opportunities for development, access to cutting-edge training facilities and support from our administration team.
Due to continuous growth within our company, we are currently hiring nationwide for the following positions:
- Southwest: Mechanical
- North London: Installs
- West London: Mechanical RM/TE
- Northwest: Mechanical/ Electrical
- Chester: Mechanical
- Chester: Mechanical RM/TE
- Chester: CBT Engineer
- Northwest: CBT Engineer
- Gloucester: Mechanical RM/TE
- Oxfordshire: Mechanical RM/TE
- North Scotland: Mechanical RM/TE
- Scotland: Electrical
- Birmingham: Mechanical
- Birmingham: Mechanical RM/TE
- Southampton: Mechanical
- Southeast/Kent: Installs
- Lancaster: Mechanical/ Electrical
POSITIONS: Garage Equipment Engineer (Field Service / Routine Maintenance / Installation / Calibration / CBT)
OVERALL PURPOSE: As an integral team member this role will involve traveling to highly professional large-scale commercial and industrial vehicle workshops, generally within your geographical area. You will be working on customer equipment such as car lifts, MOT testing equipment, air compressors, wheel alignment, tyre changers, wheel balancers and a range of other automotive equipment.
LOCATION: Working from home you will be attending customer sites based within your region.
HOURS OF WORK: 5-day week, Monday to Friday with occasional overnight stays
HOLIDAYS: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED: Fully equipped company vehicle, PDA, mobile phone, work wear and PPE.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Carry out routine maintenance checks/ installation/ diagnostic /repair of a wide range of garage equipment products including vehicle lifts, brake testers, gas analysers, smoke testers etc.
- Completion and submission of accurate paperwork as required complying with the Quality System.
- Compliance and adherence to laws and regulations covering Health and Safety within the workplace.
- Ensuring control of own van stock to meet First Time Fix targets.
- Satisfaction of customer needs.
- The continued development of skills required to ensure that all work is completed to a high standard.
- Prepared for occasional overnight stays from home.
- Prepared to work overtime when required.
- To have good working knowledge and experience of activities in a field service environment.
- Experience in working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment, preferably garage equipment.
- Able to understand and follow procedures and work instructions, working to specified standards.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent quality of service to customers.
- To be flexible and willing to work overtime and Saturdays as requested.
- To be self-motivated.
- Customer focused.
- Positive “can do” attitude towards solving customer problems.
- Confident and able to work under own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills – dealing with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Knowledge of the region’s geography and road network would be a distinct advantage.
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Good level of education, ideally with relevant trade qualifications in a related discipline.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Branded Workwear/PPE
- PDA and Tablet
- Daily Overtime
- Medical cash plan
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Company pension
- Training and development
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Personal use of company van
- Death in service